Life is so busy and there’s always something that needs doing – clothes that need washing and ironing, shopping to be done, DIY to finish. The weekends often pass by in a blur of “getting things done” with not enough time to stop and drink in our family. Quality time can easily slip through your fingers.
So having just enjoyed a full weekend away together with no distractions this is what we learned:
1. Amy can now drink with a straw (which is very useful when you’ve left her toddler cup in the car)
2. Four hours in the car is a very long time, six hours in hours is even longer
3. Three kids squashed into the back of our Mondeo can be very noisy but it’s doable and certainly preferable to taking two cars everywhere
4. Kids in hotel rooms don’t get the concept of people being in rooms underneath them & run around like elephants
5. Hotel breakfasts are the most exciting things in the world – Ben couldn’t believe he was actually allowed to each whatever he wanted!
6. Chlo loves hot chocolate as much as her Mummy and had two this weekend!
7. Three kids in a hotel room wasn’t the nightmare we anticipated and everyone slept pretty well
8. Ben & Chlo are pretty good company when eating out, Amy not so much.
9. Family swims are good fun – especially when they involve slides and waves!
|Being loved to death in a swimming costume is not Amy’s idea of fun!|
10. It is possible (but not pleasurable) to drive the 4hrs 15 straight home without stopping when you’re worried you might miss your Morrisons delivery.