Sunny Summer days bring with them thoughts of adventures and picnics and later of preparing for “Back to School” – with that in mind we’ve been reviewing the Purple Lunch Box Kit from Becky & Lolo:
What we love about it:
* I love the mix and match nature of this – everything fits in together but you can take bits out if you don’t need them
* The fact that you buy the boxes and the cooler bag together means you know they will fit in. In fact not just fit in but fit perfectly so nothing is lose or rattling around
* The boxes are microwave safe
* They don’t leak!!!
* The steam / air release vent means it’s easy to reheat food (no need to unclip the lid and rest it back on again to keep the microwave clean!)
* The clip-together cutlery is a handy little extra (I never remember to take cutlery with me or if I do I forget to bring it home again and get moaned at)
* The tidy little ice pack is a great addition – who wants a warm lunch?
* The boxes and cutlery are all dishwasher safe (I can’t stand not being able to put things in my dishwasher)
What we’re not so keen on:
* At £19 its a bit of an investment (and probably not one I’d want to be sending to school with Ben or Chloe for fear of it getting lost) however if you break down the cost to think about what you get – the cool bag, ice pack, three boxes – and work out the cost of buying those individually, it actually represents pretty good value!
At the moment I’m finding this lunch box is ideal for picnic bits but I know in September it will likely become my own lunch box for work!
*Disclaimer – I was sent the lunch box kit free of charge for the purposes of review however all thoughts and opinions are my own*