For the last few months Amy has been making full use of the Bright Starts Swinging Safari Play Mat.
The biggest selling point of this play mat is that it is designed to convert & change as your baby grows – to see you from newborn right through to toddler ensuring you get the best value for money.
For your newborn is provides a bright, cosy and comfortable place to play. I love the way the sides fold up to help your baby feel secure but also to give them things to look at it and encourage them to roll to the side. I wish we had had this play mat when Amy was tiny!
As your baby grows the mat provides a cushion with toys for tummy time, and folds out to give them a larger space to play.
|Folded flat the play mat fits inside our Lindam play pen perfectly!|
Amy was already sitting and making moves towards crawling when we received the play mat but it has still found its purpose in our home. Whilst she was too old to use a play mat in its traditional sense with the toys hanging over etc we have been able to lay the mat out on the floor to give her somewhere comfortable to sit and play. However where it really has come into it’s own has been in our Lindam play pen – the playpen comes with a cushioned base but it can be tricky to wash – we have used the playmat over the top adding comfort, stimulation and it can be washed easily! She loves all the different toys.
What we love about it:
* The colours are bright and appealing
* The tummy time cushion isn’t too big but just provides a bit of support
* The electronic toy can be fastened to the crib (or in our case the play pen) using secure velcro straps
* There’s lots of different places to attach the toys
* The fold up sides will help your newborn to feel secure
* The mat lays flat to create a huge, stimulating play area of 99cm x 113cm
* The toys provide great variety – teethers, rattles, crinkly things – and can all be attached using the included FunLinks
* The baby safe mirror
* When its set up for your newborn the walls are sturdy & supported not just folded up floppy fabric!
* The mat wipes clean but, more importantly, is machine washable & dries easily
What we’re not so keen on:
* The only improvement I could think of would be to have perhaps added some “high contrast” black and white for the newborns.
The mat is great value lasting way beyond your usual play mat – point proven by the daily use it is getting in our house with Amy at almost 11 months old. We are big fans!
*Disclaimer – We were sent the play mat free of charge for the purposes of review however all thoughts and opinions are my own*