Anyone who has had a caesarean will tell you that big pants are a must – I’m talking full on granny pants here, belly warmers, Bridget Jones pants – whatever you want to call them they need to be BIG!
I got caught out with my first Section as it was an emergency – and really I don’t think anyone goes into hospital expecting to have an emergency caesarean so I wasn’t really prepared, I’d only taken my normal pants with me – Cue Dave taking a trip off to Tesco to buy cheap big pants for me! With Chloe I had those same pants with me so I was sorted when her induction took the emergency section route . . . Of course this time with Amy the section was completely planned and I had my pants at the ready!
The biggest thing you need to consider is that those pants are going to fit right up over your tummy so that they don’t roll down or rub on your wound – you really don’t want anything that will press or irritate that very tender area.
Enter Cantaloop C-section Briefs . . . I think this might be my most favourite pair of pants EVER. (And no I really am not going to be posting a picture of me wearing them haha)
What I love:
* They are SO soft and smooth – there’s no seams and stitching that’s going to catch on your stitches etc
* They are BIG – the waistband is lovely and high, it doesn’t roll down or dig in – they just stay put!
* They are supportive – a lovely firm fit which holds you in and supports you
* They just fit – they don’t dig in anywhere and give horrible lumps and bumps
What I’m not so keen on:
* At £13 a pair my limited budget would struggle to have a few pairs on the go which would obviously be the ideal situation – you’d want at least two pairs so you could have one on and one in the wash! They really are worth the money though.
*Disclaimer – I was sent a pair of pants free of charge for the purposes of review but all thoughts and opinions are my own*