Cheese? In the post? From France? Oh yes.
Cheese & Sympathy are a French website selling cheese and wine by subscription to the UK. Last week I was lucky enough to be sent one of their cheese boxes!
What we love about it:
* It’s cheese in the post. What’s not to love?
* It’s come all the way from France!
* It arrives all wrapped in paper as if you’ve just popped to the deli yourself for un peu du fromage!
* The cheese is packed in safely in an isothermal package with cooling gel and delivered to your door within 24 hours – It was still cold when it arrived. In fact Dave hadn’t realised what it was and had left it out on the side for a few hours till I got home from work and it was still fine.
* It’s flipping delicious. This is no supermarket cheese. Dave was making lots of approving noises as he munched his way through the blue cheese (I’d love to tell you what it was but I can’t!)
* Four different cheeses makes for the perfect cheeseboard
What we’re not so keen on:
* The tasting leaflet is all in French – which added to the authenticity but did mean we didn’t have a clue what we were eating!
* Some of the cheese is pretty smelly – we had to pop it in a sealed box as soon as we opened the box to prevent it from stinking the whole fridge out!
* This is not a cheap subscription – at just shy of £35 a month you’re paying a lot of money for your cheese
I love the idea of this cheese subscription box and it’s really well executed, but there’s no denying it’s expensive. I think it would make a lovely, luxury one off treat for the likes of my Dad who can be really hard to buy for!
*Disclaimer – We were sent the cheese box free of charge for the purposes of review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own*