There are so many different subscription boxes available now and I’ve tried a few different ones. In theory I love the idea of a surprise & discovering new things that I might not have otherwise tried however I’ve usually ended up cancelling any subscription after a few months when I come to realise I’m just not using all the things in my box & it doesn’t represent good value.
When I was offered the chance to review the Degustabox I was keen to see if this would be any different.
What was in the box:
1. Ryvita Thin Bites – These arrived a bit squashed but still tasty!
2. English Provender Co. Damson & Port Chutney – We haven’t tried this yet but I’m thinking it will be lovely with a good wedge of bread and pate (You all know I love my pate!)
3. English Provender Co. Redcurrant Sauce with Rosemary – I’ve not had chance to try this yet but it’s crying out for a Sunday dinner!
4. Soreen toastie loaf – This was a couple of days out of date which was a great shame but as it was going in the toaster it wasn’t hugely noticeable. This was a big hit and I’ll definitely buy some more.
5. Soreen lunchbox loaves – These were out of date unfortunately, only by a day or so and I don’t think it really affected them. The fact that they were banana however meant that none of us actualy liked them.
6. Scheckters Organic energy drinks – I’m saving these for an emergency!
7. Bahlsen Pick Up! – Ben and Chloe thought these were yummy!
8. Bahlsen Waffeletten – these were pretty squished by the time they arrived but we still ate them!
9. Tyrrell’s Apple Crips – I was quite excited by these but they were a bit tasteless really
10. Peppadew Piquante Peppers – We’ve had these before and think they’re great!
What we loved:
* I loved that there’s a mix of products, some of which I’ve tried before but most of them were new to me.
* The majority of the brands were familiar and good quality
* I like that there’s ingredients for meals (including recipe cards) but also some treats as well.
* Most of the products in the box are “store cupboard” type items to there’s no rush to get them all used at once.
What we weren’t so keen on:
* There were some difficulties with delivery – my box didn’t actually turn up to start with – however this was quickly sorted and Degustabox have changed their courier company so hopefully any issues will have been ironed out for next month’s box
* Some of the biscuits were a bit squashed – but it didn’t stop us eating them though!
* Both the “freshly baked” Soreen items were already out of date unfortunately but I would expect this was in part down to the delivery problems
I’m really looking forward to seeing what next month’s box holds and hopefully we’ll get round to trying out one of the enclosed recipe cards!
*Disclaimer – We were sent a Degustabox free of charge for the purposes of review but all thoughts & opinions are my own*