We reviewed our first Degustabox last month (you can read about it here)
I was looking forward to seeing what would be in this month’s box of lovely goodies! Like I said last month, I love the idea of a surprise and discovering new things that I might not have otherwise tried.
The foods were carefully packed to try and minimize damage but unfortunately some of the more fragile items suffered a bit in transit.
What was in the box:
1. Drink Me Chocolate Chai & Tea:Latte – I’m not a tea drinker and couldn’t bring myself to try these but have passed them to my Mum to give them a go instead!
2. Tyrells Popcorn – Not the cheapest popcorn in the world but lovely just the same! I’m still getting used to the whole sweet / salty thing that seems to be en vogue at the moment.
3. Moma! Porridge pots – I love a good bowl of porridge to get the day started. These pots are great for mornings when you’re in a rush and need to eat breakfast at your desk (they’re far too expensive for daily consumption at £1.50 a pot when a normal bag of porridge oats is probably about the same price and will last forever!)
4. Shaken Udder flavoured milk – I’m sure it will come as no surprise to read that these were quickly eyed up and consumed by Ben and Chloe! Ben loved the chocolate milk (and has since convinced me to buy more) but the strawberry and banana were somewhat less well received (in fact neither carton was actually finished). I’m not a fan of flavoured milk as a rule but I don’t mind it as an occasional treat.
5. Mexican Dave’s Tortilla chips – Unfortunately these really didn’t cope well with the journey and arrived very squashed. We used them to make a Nacho dish which I’ll write about later in this post!
6. Schwartz Flavour Shots – These look great and we can’t wait to try them – they look to make a great store cupboard staple.
7. Organico pasta – This is still sat in the cupboard but I’m sure it will get used! Who doesn’t eat pasta?!
8. Organico Pasta Sauce – I’ve not tried this myself but Ben and Chloe certainly didn’t turn their noses up at it – empty plates all round!
What we loved:
* Again there was a good mix of products – considerably more “meal” focused this month than the previous “snacky” theme of the month before.
* This time almost all of the brands were new to me.
* Again most of the products in the box are “store cupboard” type items to there’s no rush to get them all used at once.
* There were no problems with delivery this time – my box turned up as expected with a text to confirm beforehand.
What we weren’t so keen on:
* The crisps were completely squashed despite their best efforts to pack them carefully.
This month we decided to try out one of the enclosed recipe cards and Dave set about making “Dave’s legendary loaded nachos“. (I should point out that was what the recipe was called and not just us naming in that!!) We both love nachos and would often order them as a starter to share but have never really attempted to make them at home.
The recipe was easy to follow (not that nachos would ever be complex) and very tasty – we LOVED our dinner! (The only downside being that we had to buy extra crisps to top up the ones that came in the box as they had been so squashed!)
|Tell me you’re not drooling over that!|
Again I can’t wait to see what comes next month!
If you’d like to try a Degustabox for yourself you can use the code V73IL for a £3 discount.
You can find more about Degustabox here:
*Disclaimer – We were sent a Degustabox free of charge for the purposes of review but all thoughts & opinions are my own*