We are huge fans of Fisher Price in our house, having grown up with the brand myself I now trust them to provide my children with great quality, exciting and educational toys. They rarely let me down on this!
Amy was recently sent the latest baby learning toy try out. Now I must admit I was quite surprised by the size of the Smart Stages Puppy when she arrived but actually she appears to be just the perfect size for cuddles! From the moment Amy first saw “Sis” in the box she was desperate to have her in her arms and just gave her the most enormous cuddle once she was freed from her packaging.
She quickly discovered that the Smart Stages Puppy “did stuff” so to speak and whilst, at 15 months, she’s not really interested in actually listening to what the puppy says, she does like to press all the buttons and laughs at the sounds and lights.
The Smart Stages Puppy is aimed at children from the age of 6 months right through to 36 months with different “Smart Stages” tailored to you baby’s developmental stage. I really like the idea of this – toys which “grow” with your child, at least you feel you’re getting more value for money that way! That being said I’m not sure Chloe would have been particularly interested in playing with Sis when she was just 3 years old!
What we love about it:
* Smart Puppy is just the right size for Amy to give big squeezy hugs
* All the buttons are nice and big making it easy for her to press independently
* There’s a good variety of things said which stops it getting too tedious for Mummy (20 different songs in fact)
* The different levels mean it will last longer
* The lights and sounds reward Amy for her interaction and she finds them really entertaining
* It comes with batteries!
What we’re not so keen on:
* You all know I don’t particularly like pink and this just another one of those toys that I really don’t understand the need for a pink and blue version but I guess the option is there if you want it.
* It’s quite easy to change the “level” by mistake – I would have liked to have been a little trickier to prevent Amy from accidentally doing it herself (or Ben for that matter!)
Sis has an RRP of £20 but is currently on offer at Argos – I think she’d make a great alternative Easter present for your little one!
*Disclaimer – We were sent the Smart Stages Puppy for the purposes of review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own*