Although Amy isn’t teething yet I’ve been on the look out for necklaces to wear while feeding – she’s a bit grabby at the moment and with her sharp nails I have been known to describe the experience as being something akin to breastfeeding a cat. (Not that I’ve actually tried breastfeeding a cat you understand!) I’ve tried to offer fingers, muslins or bits of my clothes to give her something to hold on to and provide my boobs with a bit of relief from her little hands!
I was offered the opportunity to review a Gumigem Heart Pendant and thought it fit the bill perfectly.
What we like:
* It’s easy to clean
* The cord unfastens if pulled too hard
* Silicone pendant is designed for baby to play with and chew
What we’re not so keen on:
* I was really surprised by how heavy the pendant is
* The chunky nature of the pendant isn’t very appealing to look at
* Amy found the pendant hard to keep hold of (though she is very young so I guess this would be less of a problem over time)
It certainly suits its purpose of allowing mums to wear jewellery again but I wouldn’t choose to wear my Gumigem on a day I was child-free!
(Apologies for the lack of photos! I need to get Dave to take some for me and I will add them in later!)
*Disclaimer – we were sent a Gumigem free of charge for the purposes of review but all thoughts and opinions are my own*