As a Mum of three, time to myself to do as a I please is a rare commodity. There’s always a list of things as long as my arm of things which need doing – be it housework, admin stuff, blogging, I could always find something to do.
When I do steal a bit of time to myself here are my top 5 ways to relax:
1. An evening in the Trafford Centre – Week day evenings in the Trafford Centre are considerably calmer than weekends as you can imagine. Michelle and I quite regularly take off up there on an evening for a bit of window shopping and maybe some tea. I always feel so much better for it afterwards.
2. A bath – the whole hog face mask, body scrub in a lovely bubbly bath with a book and maybe even a scented candle or two followed by an early night. Bliss. (Even better now we’ve got a new boiler that means I can actually fill the bath to a decent level!)
3. Listening to music – I love being able to turn Cbeebies off and put some music on, maybe even lie on the sofa and shut my eyes (clearly not something to do when the kids are around as I’m likely to get hit on the head while I’m not looking!) This is all the more lovely now that my living room is being scented by a gorgeous Pied A Terre diffuser!
4. Yoga – This is a bit of a new one for me, you can read a bit more about why I’ve taken up Yoga here. So far I’m really enjoying it and feeling really relaxed afterwards.
5. Hot chocolate and a bit of cake – Be it on my own with a magazine or with a friend for a good chat, you can’t beat popping out for a cheeky hot chocolate and cake.
What do you do to get some time to yourself? How do you relax and switch off?
*Disclaimer – I was sent a set of mini diffusers and scented candles from House of Fraser for the purpose of writing this post*