I was first introduced to the Totseat in early 2010 when Aunty Custard had seen another friend using one with her baby and decided it was literally the most genius thing ever so ordered one for Ben – yes Aunty Custard is as awesome as the Totseat itself!
Suitable from around 8 months the Totseat can be attached to pretty much any dining chair (it’s been tested on over 900 chairs!) – admittedly some are easier than others but we’ve rarely failed to attach is safely when we’ve needed to. The design of the seat means that it’s fully flexible for different chairs and children – there’s no messing about with sizes and so forth. It’s easy to tighten the top of the seat for a narrower chair, the fastenings around the back are fully adjustable to ensure your child is securely fastened in and the bottom of the seat features buttons which can reduce or lengthen the amount of fabric according to how high backed your dining chair is.
Although Totseat has been around for a decade now this is their first foray into licensing and what a great collaboration it is! With three gorgeous designs celebrating the iconic Paddington Bear and helping to introduce that much loved bear to the newest generation, we chose the biscuity design as it seemed the most neutral without looking like it would get filthy – why does kids’ food stain so!?
We have found the Totseast at it’s most useful when visiting friends – when we’re out and about in cafes or restaurants we’d expect to find a highchair available for us should we need them. Of course this isn’t always the case when you pop round to someone’s house. The Totseat allows you to literally (and in the nicest possible way) tie your little one down for a few minutes while you feed them – minimising the risk of mucky foody hand prints on your best friend’s sofa!
What we love about it:
* It’s convenient
* It’s washable
* It’s clean and hygienic (unlike some highchairs I’ve seen out and about!)
*It’s easily adjustable
* It’s fully supportive coming right up over the tummy and fastening securely around the back of the chair
*It’s squashy and can be shoved into the corner of your bag
* Made from fabric it’s comfortable and supportive not restricting
* The collaboration with Paddington is timeless – not a flash in the pan, naff character
* Whilst I’m not normally a fan of products with characters all over them the pattern is classic and discreet not garish and cheap looking
* The level of safety testing the Totseat undergoes is second to none.
* It allows Amy to sit confidently at the table without me having to wrestle her into sitting still on my knee!
What we’re not so keen on:
*Sometimes it can be a little bulky to carry around in your bag “just in case” so we’ve tended to keep it in the car for the times we might end up needing it
* It’s not cheap – but it will last (Totseat are so confident in this that it actually has a “lifetime guarantee”)
We’ve seen other similar, cheaper, versions of the Totseat and they just don’t live up with their flimsy fabrics or lack of support. The Totseat really is a case of “You get what you pay for!” and is more than worth investing in.
*Disclaimer – We were sent the Totseat free of charge for the purposes of review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own*