I’ve said before that I’m a lover of lists – it’s no secret. I like to feel organised, have a plan and know where things stand. Is there anything more satisfying than crossing things off a list? I get this from my Mum – she’s always writing lists – Dave on the other hand can’t stand them! I have shopping lists, lists of jobs that need doing around the house, wish lists, present lists, lists of things I need to do for my blog . . .
I’ve recently seen quite a few of my favourite blogs reviewing planners from www.personal-planner.co.uk and they were on my list of things to investigate further. I’m sure you can imagine therefore that I was super excited to be offer the chance to review one myself!
I was really excited exploring the website and took my time working through different options to make sure the planner really suited my needs.
The website is easy to use – you work your way through the options personalising your planner to suit your needs.
* You can personalise the inside over with personal details in case the planner gets lost
* The 12 month planner can start with the month of your choice (mine starts in January just because I already had diary for this year)
* You can choose from 4 different sizes of planner so whether you want it for your handbag or your desk there’s going to be one to suit you (they also do notebooks too!)
* The paper feels nice! Its good quality, heavy paper which is nice to write on (I HATE naff paper)
* You can choose which years to have for your overview at the back (eg current and next year or the
next two years)
* It has a clever elastic to hold your planner closed – which means you can shove extra bits of paper in and also that it won’t get squashed in your bag
* There’s a plastic pocket for bits of receipts and such like
* You can add personal dates before it’s printed eg birthdays which are then saved on your profile for the following year!
* You can choose the colour scheme for the inside of your planner (how cute are the little birds on mine?)
* You can alter the pages to suit your needs – add sections for “to do lists” (which I chose lots of), add appointment times, lines and so on – I spent AGES choosing this bit!
* The back pages can include an address section, maps, musical score or even a colouring section – I chose to have colour pages! (Yes I’m a child)
What I wasn’t so keen on
* Literally the only thing that niggles me is that the dates you have preprinted are really small and I think I’d be at risk of missing them if I was only just flicking through – it would be good to be able to alter the font size.