Project-B is a new subscription box for mums-to-be. The idea being that each month you will get a lovely box of treats and tips from some of the UK’s leading brands through the post tailored to your specific stage in pregnancy from Month 4 up to Month 10 (Don’t worry, I haven’t got mad – the final box is a “Congratulations” box for once baby has arrived!) The boxes can be bought as a one off gift or a monthly subscription.
Each month your box contain around five items : “it might be a nourishing bump oil, a pregnancy-specific vitamin, a delicious snack, or a household product”
I was sent Month 7 / 25 – 29 weeks which is themed “Relax” – I thought it was beautifully timed for hitting the third trimester when things do start to feel a bit more difficult again!
My box contained:
* St Eval Candle Company Grapefruit and Lime Scented Tin – I do love candles so this was a lovely treat. The candle smells beautiful.
* Metcalfe’s Skinny Topcorn – I’ve seen this popcorn in the shops quite a bit but never tried it – safe to say I’m now a convert! It’s lovely and low calorie too! Win win!
* Bio Oil – This was just a sample sachet but I wasn’t bothered as to be honest it’s not a product I particularly like.
* Balm Balm Rose Geranium Face Balm – Although the name suggests its a treat for your face it does also list lots of other uses on the packaging and my dry sad heels really appreciated this lovely rose scented treat!
* MeMeMe Beat the Blues Skin Illuminator – When I first got this out of the box I thought it was a nail polish and was a bit disappointed as I don’t really paint my nails much at the moment – not so, it’s a lovely face brightening, illuminating highlighter which is exactly what my tired face needs right now!
What I particularly like about the box is that it’s not just a box of random treats – each box has a carefully thought out theme tailored to the specific stage of pregnancy with products to help. Some of the brands you might find popping up in your Project B box include Pregnacare, Palmers Cocoa Butter, Spontex, Weleda, Green People and Metanium. Information provided by industry experts is also included in the box under the themes of “Your pregnancy this month”, “Eating Well”, “Shopping Ideas” and “Staying Active” – the information cards are short, to the point but useful.