Scoff Club, the new kid on the subscription box block, launched around 4 weeks ago and offers a monthly subscription service sending out a box of retro and classic sweets to subscribers each month.
Dave actually proposed by hiding my engagement ring in pick n mix and we even themed our table plan around sweets so the idea of a regular deliver of retro sweets is really appealing to me – though perhaps a little badly timed with #OperationWeddingWeight being such a focus right now!
I was really excited when I opened my first Scoff Club box to discover, amongst other things, a Wham Bar!! I flipping love Wham Bars! We were so keen to try out all the things in the box that I’m afraid I failed to get a decent photo of the whole selection – sorry! This is what I was greeted by as I opened the lid! Talk about “kid in a sweet shop”
|The contents of my first Scoff Club box!|
This month’s Scoff Club box contained:
*Drumstick lollies x 2 (As chomped by Ben and Finley)
Paper bag of flying saucers (Chlo dived head first into that bag!)
* Rainbow drops (Amy enjoyed those!)
* Fun gums (Erin took those)
* Fried eggs (would any retro sweet collection be complete without them?)
* Wham bar
* Refreshers bar
* Bag of cola cubes
* Bag of something else hard boiled which I haven’t actually tasted yet
* 2 x Vimto lollies
* 2 x other lollies
* Double dipper
|“Other boiled sweets”|
|Spider Ben quickly laid claim to a Drumstick lolly!|
What we love about it:
* The little paper bags of sweets really do feel proper old school – they remind me of going to the shops as a kid and choosing from all the jars behind the counter!
* There isn’t masses of unnecessary packaging
* It’s all stuff I love and remember well from my own childhood so it’s a winner for nostalgia
* You can alter your preferences on the website to make sure you get more of what you like be it chewy, fizzy or hardboiled
* The box includes proper branded sweets not cheap, naff alternatives
What we’re not so keen on:
* Having to share it!
* Being on a diet
*We were sent the Scoff Club box free of charge for the purposes of review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own*