I do quite a bit of walking in my day to day life – walking to school three times a day, walking to the supermarket and walking Thomas. Walking in all weathers. There are times when a pair of wellies or trainers really won’t cut the mustard. I’m not just talking walking in muddy fields or climbing hills but actually just wet, cold school runs – wellies might keep my feet dry but they’re cold!
|Talking in the view|
I’ve been trying out a pair of Trespass walking boots for just over a month now. I’ve never had a pair of proper walking boots before so I was really interested to see how they would fit into my life. I wore them last weekend when we went on the Room on the Broom Adventure Trail – it was a dry day but there were plenty of puddles and the ground was relatively uneven. Wearing my Trespass walking boots meant I didn’t really have to worry about where I was putting my feet, I didn’t need to avoid the puddles my children were merrily splashing their way through.
|Testing out my waterproof walking boots|
I found the boots rubbed a little on my ankles but I think this was a combination of my socks and having not fastened them quite as tightly as I should have done – considering I was walking all day they were pretty comfortable on a first wear!
My Trespass walking boots provided my ankles with support over the uneven ground. I’ve been having a lot of problems with my left ankle recently, it seems to have developed a weakness and after a full day of walking it can be very painful. I’m not saying it was perfect after wearing my boots but it was only a niggle that evening rather than pain. Considering I had been walking on uneven surfaces all day I was really impressed.
|Getting my Trespasss boots muddy|
What I love about them:
* The look really smart so I wouldn’t feel out of place wearing them to do the school run in the Autumn / Winter
* The leather upper is built to last – these are going to take a lot of hammer before I need to replace them
* The sturdy rubber sole provides substantial grip yet remains flexible
* The boots are waterproof
* They were a great value pair of boots at full price but are even better at the current offer price of little more than £30!
What I’m not so keen on:
* They’re very big and clumpy so this can take a little getting used to – I found myself a little clumsy the first time I wore them but I think this is more just me not being used to this style of boot.
|Walking with my girls|
All in all I know I’m going to get a lot of wear out of these boots – I think their next outing will be a good long walk along the beach with Thomas!
*Disclaimer – I was sent the boots free of charge for the purposes of review however all thoughts and opinions remain my own*