It’s most definitely time for a Summer Bucket List update – how are we already a whole month into the Summer season?
1. Take our first family holiday abroad
We’re on countdown now, less than 4 weeks till we go away. Ben is saving hard and I’m frantically writing lists of things I need to do or buy – swimming nappies, EHIC cards, travel insurance, holiday clothes for me to name but a few.
2. Get out the water tray that the kids got last summer
Dave went up in the loft last week and got the water tray down. We set it up in the front “garden” – I say garden, what I really meant was “the only bit of clear driveway”. I sat on the garden wall enjoying the sunshine whilst the girls had a good splash about and Chloe told me she was making a stew. I’m looking forward to lots more water play over the summer, especially as we get the garden straighter.
6. Dave’s big bike ride & a trip to the seaside
You can read all about this year’s bike ride and a very windy seaside trip here
7. My first Britmums experience
I had a great weekend down in London last month with some of my favourite bloggers – I laughed, I cried and I learned a lot too. I’ve not finished my write ups yet but you can read my first post here: 25 things I learned at Britmums
8. Celebrate my Dad’s 60th – twice
We’re half way through this one! Dad turned 60 on Sunday and we had a lovely weekend in York enjoying the sunshine and a BBQ. This coming weekend is the big “grown up” celebration with a day at the races and I for one can’t wait!
17. Reclaim some outside space
This is a bit of an ongoing project and something which deserves a post all of it’s own. We (by which I mean Dave) have cleared the back garden and dug up the old lawn (which looked like this). Dave returfed the garden last week and it looks SO much better. Of course we now have to wait for the turf to bed in before we can use the garden properly. Some of it isn’t looking quite as healthy as we would have liked and may still have to be relaid but I’ll update you on that properly in a few weeks!
I would say we’ve made a reasonable start on our Summer Bucket List but there’s still lots to look forward to over the coming months!
- Take our first family holiday abroad
Get out the water tray that the kids got last summer
- Celebrate Chloe’s 4th birthday
- Celebrate Ben’s 6th birthday
- Lots of picnics!
Dave’s big bike ride & a trip to the seaside My first Britmums experience!
- Celebrate my Dad’s 60th – twice
- Watch one of my very best friends get married
- Take a trip to York Maze
- Teach Ben to ride his bike without stablisers
- Find a sun cream which suits Ben’s skin but doesn’t ruin his clothes!
- Keep focussed on that “Wedding Weight” target (this is continued from the Spring Bucket List)
- Do more yoga
- Add more decorative bits and bobs to the house!
- Take a trip to Whitby & introduce Daddy to Magpie fish and chips as we didn’t manage it in the Spring
- Reclaim some outside space