When did you last think about Carbon Monoxide? Do you even know what the risks are? Every year more than 200 people in the UK are admitted to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning with around 40 of those dying. Unsurprisingly small children and the elderly are most at risk.
The main symptoms include:
* loss of consciousness
Of course these symptoms could easily be mistaken for something else – flu, food poisoning, tiredness etc so its extremely important to be aware of the risks and pay particular attention to when these symptoms occur.
|Photo Credit: ash-brown via Compfight cc|
Have you had you boiler checked out recently? Would you even know if there was a problem? Carbon Monoxide is a colourless, odourless gas is a silent killer and could be escaping from your appliances without you knowing until it was too late.
Corgi are campaigning for every home to have their own CO detector and linked with this they have launched a site asking you, “How safe is your home?” full of advice and suggestions on how to keep your family safe from Carbon Monoxide poisoning along with early warning signs to look our for. Check it out and then sort yourself out with a CO detector, it won’t take you long, it won’t cost you much but it could safe your life.
*Disclaimer – I was sent a CO detector free of charge in return for writing this post*