I’m a few days late with our fourth Autumn Bucket List as it felt wrong to be writing it before the kids had gone back to school – I wanted to eek out every last drop out our #SevenWeeksofSummer! This morning though, on a damp, grey morning, I’ve packed the big two off to school for the start of another school year.
Last Autumn was one of change for us – Chloe started full time school, Amy started swimming lessons and I was continuing a regular placement in the same school I’d already worked in for a full term. This Autumn is also one of change – Ben will start the juniors (which is a big deal as it’s on a completely different site to the infants so in many ways will feel like a completely new school), Amy will be increasing her time at nursery and I will be starting a new temporary position in a school I’ve not worked in for several years.
After an insanely busy summer I’m rather hoping that our Autumn will be fairly steady. Not calm as such as we’re always up for an adventure, but just a bit less frantic! We’ve got lots of jobs to get done around the house and I guess once the weather turns we won’t be quite so enthusiastic about getting out and about!
I wrote our first Autumn Bucket List back in 2013 and of course there are certain things which pop up over and over again – mainly because I love a good tradition!
So – here’s our Autumn Bucket List for 2016:
- Collect conkers – something which we pretty much fail to do every year but we’ll have another go!
- Get wrapped up and go to a bonfire – we haven’t done this for a few years but I think everyone is big enough now to enjoy it!
- Kick leaves
- MAD Blog Awards – this is my third year of attending and my second as an actual flipping finalist!
- Blog On – the first Winter Blog On and this time I’m actually going to be speaking!
- A family ski lesson
- Blackpool illuminations
- A grown up weekend away
- South Lakes Wild Animal Park (this is left over from our summer list)
- Splash in puddles
- Make an apple crumble
- Blow “dragon breath” in the cold air – this is always a sure sign of Autumn for me and something the kids find really exciting!
- See Ben settle into his new Juniors routine
- Get some more jobs done on the house – perhaps even move into a new room or two!
- Lots of birthday celebrations
What do you think, is there anything missing from our list?