As you know the biggest thing going on in our lives right now is a much needed extension to our house (I will write about our progress so far in a few days!). So when I was offered the opportunity to do a review for Dickies I bit their hand off! (Metaphorically of course)
Dickies are specialists in workwear and safety footwear. We are no strangers to Dickies in our family with both my husband and Dad wearing Dickies brand clothing for work.
We were sent matching overalls for Ben and Dave to wear while they were working on the house together! I can’t tell you how chuffed Ben was to have overalls the same as Daddy!! Typically he tried them on immediately and told us he couldn’t wait to start carrying bricks for Grandad!
The weather has been so warm this last week that they’ve all been working in shorts and t shirts anyway so Dave hasn’t had much chance to test his overalls out properly. He has however tried them on and although we ordered Dave the “tall” they are a bit short on him for comfort tending to cut into the groin area. That said Dave is 6ft 5 & wears a 34 inch leg so we knew they might be a bit on the snug side. We probably should have ordered him normal trousers rather than the all in one.
The day work started on the house Ben literally couldn’t get home from school quick enough – normally its a battle to get him out of his uniform but this time he was in the house & putting his overalls on before you could say “Fancy helping out Ben?”
What we love?
* The bright colour means its easy to spot on site (they are also available in a range of colours)
* They’re really smart and professional looking
* The material is thick & sturdy to withstand plenty of wear and tear yet is soft enough to be comfortable & non-restricting
* They’re easy to put on (Ben can get them on and off himself . . . and so can Dave!!)
* Ben especially loves all the pockets, some of which are securely zipped to prevent losing important stuff while you’re working!
* The overalls have slits on either side that allow you to access the pockets of your trousers underneath (Dave says this is especially useful as you always end up needing stuff out your pockets under your overalls)
* The collar can be turned up to protect your neck and help to stop stuff going down your overalls
* They wash really well
* The price is really reasonable at £18.50 for the children’s overalls and £20.50 for the adults
* The adult overalls come in a range of chest sizes with a standard and long leg
What we’re not so keen on
* It’s a shame the “tall” isn’t quite tall enough – it would be nice to see more leg length options
Overall (no pun intended!) we’re thrilled with the Dickies overalls and would definitely look to buying some more for Ben when he outgrows his current pair!! In fact I think Chloe would quite like a pair too!
*Disclaimer – We were sent the overalls free of charge for the purposes of review however all thoughts and opinions are my own*