Last night I was sat looking through all my pictures from the Summer and you know what? It’s been flipping awesome. The sun shone, building work was done and we got to go the seaside more than once! We’ve had some fantastic days out, spent time with friends and family and generally enjoyed each other’s company but its definitely time to get some normality back and start the new school term!
So it’s time to look back on my Summer Bucket List and check what we achieved.
Amy’s christening13.07.14 Celebrate Chloe’s 3rd birthday15.07.14
- Get involved in some water play
Celebrate Ben’s 5th birthday30.07.14 Lots of picnics!We’re definitely doing ok on this front Jurassic 5 gig19.06.14
- Make the house bigger! This needs a whole post of it’s own!
Dave’s big bike ride21.06.14
- Get my back sorted 20.06.14 – First appointment of many!
The lovely Cesca’s Hen Do25.07.14 Take a trip to the theatre28.08.14 – We went to see Sooty
- Teach Ben to ride his bike without stablisers
Prepare for going back to work in September18.06.14
- Find a sun cream which suits Ben’s skin but doesn’t ruin his clothes!
- Keep focussed on that “Wedding Weight” target (this is continued from the Spring Bucket List)
- Take a trip to Whitby & introduce Daddy to Magpie fish and chips as we didn’t manage it in the Spring
As I look back over the list there’s a few things I can’t quite confidently tick off:
3. Get involved in some water play
Ben and Chloe were lucky enough to get a proper water tray from Nana & Denis for their birthdays in July but because of the building work and subsequent loss of safe and useable garden it has meant it has stayed safely packed up this summer. We did get some paddling pool fun with the Butlers one day so I suppose that counts?
7. Make the house bigger!
Work is most definitely under way – we are in fact around 10 weeks in now and I PROMISE I will write a proper update soon!
9. Get my back sorted
I had an appointment with the Osteopath in July and she really did work her magic – I felt so much better after that session. She said I would need around 6 more sessions fortnightly to be completely fixed however as yet a combination of financial constraints and just generally trying to organise opportunities to get to York at a time when she has appointments have proved a bit tricky so far.
12. Teach Ben to ride his bike without stabilisers
Of course this one was somewhat reliant on Ben and he hasn’t been especially bothered. Just yesterday we asked him if he wanted to take his bike to the park but he replied that he couldn’t ride it yet, I pointed out we could teach him but he declined.
14. Find a suncream which suits Ben’s skin but doesn’t ruin his clothes!
I’ve found Ben’s skin to be marginally less sensitive this year thankfully but have still lost lots of t shirts to the dreaded suncream stains! Perhaps we’ll find the perfect cream next year!
15. Keep focussed on that “Wedding Weight” target
I was doing pretty well at the start of the summer and I think I’d managed to lose another half stone, the scales even briefly teased me by showing me the next stone under! Unfortunately I think lots of ice cream and seaside chips has set me back a bit! Hoping to get a bit of focus back this next week!
16. Take a trip to Whitby & introduce Daddy to Magpie fish and chips
Despite a number of trips to the coast we haven’t made it to Whitby and we have usually been without Daddy! We’ll get him there eventually!
How was your Summer?