Finding a changing bag to suit your needs can take a bit of research – we have actually settled into a pattern of using two bags now depending on which children we’ve got with us! During the week Ben is at school & Chloe at Nursery so it’s only really me and Amy – I don’t need a massive bag just for her. However come the weekend when we’re all going out I can end up taking everything but the kitchen sink!
Ben & Chloe rarely need a change of clothes at the moment – depending on where we’re going I might stick them a clean set in (for example if I know they’re likely to get filthy or splash in puddles – I’d rather be prepared than have to stop them enjoying themselves). As Chloe moves towards toilet training I will of course have to re think that and probably have to take several changes out for her.
The City changing bag is enormous and has been designed specifically for mums who need space. Personally I think this bag is ideal for mums with more then one child to think about – it would also make a great weekend bag for baby. (We actually used it as a weekend bag for Amy when we went away over Christmas and got all of her clothes etc in it!)
What I love about it:
* The black spotty fabric is a practical colour and wipes clean – it’s not going to damage easily.
* It comes with it’s own changing mat – which unlike mats in other bags is actually a decent size!
* It has two enormous zipped compartments which are accessed separately – I use one for changing things (nappies, wipes etc) and the other for clothes, bits of snacks and toys.
* The pockets at either end are a great size for bottles – one has a thermal lining to keep your bottle warm (or in my case you drink cold!) The pockets are big enough to pop Ben and Chloe’s drinks bottles in each end.
* Although you would likely use the handles to carry it it does also have a shoulder strap.
* This is a great bag if you’re using cloth nappies as there’s plenty of space for them all!
What I’m not so keen on:
* It’s so big it doesn’t really fit in my pram basket (this can be dealt with by using pram hooks)
For me this bag is ideal for big days out with all five of us but too much for day to day use with just Amy.
Alongside the bag we’ve also been testing out a pair of Buggy Hooks & some Secure Buggy Clips. At first glance I didn’t think I would like the Buggy Hooks but they’re actually fantastic! At the moment we are using the carry cot on our pram which makes the basket a little harder to access so being able to hang a couple of bags from the pram handle is really convenient. The hooks are attached with extra strong adjustable Velcro straps and will fit onto most prams or strollers. I love that they will turn round and fold up out of the way. If you’ve got a bigger, heavier bag you can use two hooks to spread the weight. The Secure Buggy Clips serve much the same purpose but with a spring clip for added security – brilliant for your handbag.
*Disclaimer – I was sent the changing bag and hooks free of charge for the purposes of review but all thoughts and opinions are my own*