As a teacher I know how incredibly frustrating it is when the children in your class haven’t got their names in their clothes. When you have a pile of unnamed jumpers and kids are saying “Mines a 26” (which pretty much all of them are seeing as how they’re all about the same age / size) or when they start sniffing them going “Nope that one’s not mine” . . . Really. Please just name your child’s property – even if you just do it with a biro. It will make everyone’s life much easier and you’re far less likely to have to replace things as the year wears on.
Anyway when Ben was first at Nursery, in an attempt to avoid sewing labels onto everything, I bought a load of iron on labels. They were rubbish and fell off. I quickly invested in some rather expensive but very effective name tags which were basically punched into the clothing in the way that security tags are – they’ve been fabulous, they’ve never once fallen off and they are reusable (though only if you buy new backs) however they are really very expensive and now that I’m trying to name three lots of property I could do with finding a cheaper but equally effective option . . .
These clever stick on name tags from My Name Tags are literally genius. They will stick to pretty much anything – and are dishwasher and washing machine safe. As you can see we’ve tried them out on a range of different bits and bobs and as yet not one is showing any signs or wear or fade. (Of course this may be different in term’s time and if that’s the case I shall update you but for now I’m really impressed!)
What we love about them:
* They’re bright and colourful – meaning that even if your child can’t read their own name yet they should be able to identify their own stickers
* The order process is easy with a whole range of fonts, backgrounds, colours and motifs to choose from
* The stick on – no ironing, no sewing, no fussy gadgets for attaching. Just stick and go.
* They’re dishwasher and washing machine safe – I was sure they’d just fall off but so far so good.
* They’re really great value at just £11.95 a sheet
*Disclaimer – We were sent My Name Tags labels free of charge for the purposes of review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own*