I hadn’t really looked at the toy properly in the shop as I was very much on “No we’re not buying it now, put it back and let’s get what we came for” mode . . . You all know what I’m talking about I’m sure!!
Switching between a dinosaur and a powerful car is easy to do in a few simple steps, making this 2-in-1 toy hard to put down! Press the talk button to hear fun phrases and to learn dinosaur facts, then tap the sound button or move the dino to hear great dinosaur and car sound effects. Converting between the two different modes helps your child develop motor skills and the exciting sounds and facts help to promote imaginative and independent play. Just Switch & Go!
Torr is labelled as suitable from age 3 – 8 and at first glance I thought he looked quite complicated. Apparently not! Aunty Nic removed him from the box and Ben was right in there moving bits around and swapping confidently from dinosaur to car and back again. He never asked for any help and I certainly didn’t have to check the box for instructions to support him. Ben basically hasn’t put this toy down for the last 2 weeks and has excitedly shown it to anyone who will listen to him! It has even gone to bed with him (though we struck a deal that he had to keep the sound off and if I heard it I would be taking it away). The sounds themselves aren’t too annoying (we’ve all got noisy toys that mysteriously run out of batteries right?!)
I thought he might be a bit rough with it, that the fiddling about changing it between the dinosaur and car would just be asking for trouble and that it would break easily but it seems really sturdy.
So what did we like?
* There’s no setting up required, out of the box and ready to play!
* Not too noisy (but enough to keep Ben happy)
* Great for developing motor skills
* Encourages imaginative play
* Sturdy with no loose bits to come off
* Easy to play with and swap between dinosaur and car without adult support
What we weren’t so keen on
* With an RRP of £13.99 it feels quite expensive for a relatively small toy but then looking at how much play value Ben is getting out of it I think I’m just being tight!
* He loves it so much that now all he can talk about is wanting the rest of the collection!! Thanks for that one vtech!
* Ben loves this toy so much I wanted to share a review with you. We purchased the toy ourselves and I did not receive any payment for this post*