Birthday season is upon us in the “We’re going on an adventure” household. July is a busy month for us with Grandad turning 60, Chloe 4 and Ben 6. With that in mind I thought I’d share some ideas for gifts that I know my little dude would love just in case you’re stuck for inspiration for your own 6yr olds!
1. Lego – Ben got his first Lego set for his 4th birthday and there’s been no going back! Lego is now our “go to” gift for him – at birthdays, Christmas or even a good school report. With prices from around £5 there’s LEGO sets to suit just about any budget
2. Magformers – Ben’s love of construction doesn’t stop at LEGO. Whenever I collect him from after school club he’s often playing with a magnetic construction kit and I know he’d be thrilled to find Magformers among his birthday presents next month!
3. Action Figures – Transformers, Super Heroes you name it, Ben loves them all and can spend ages faffing about with action figures and playing imaginatively (sometimes Chloe will be allowed to join in too)
4. Scooter – Ben and Chlo are both pretty obsessed with their scooters at the moment and I’m looking at investing in a microscooter each for them so I can at least fold them up and stick them under the pushchair when they’re not in use!
5. Adventures – Children have so much stuff these days, why not look at giving them an experience for their birthday instead of more toys? You could buy tickets for a theatre show or local attraction – Ben loves a day out!