|Apologies for the “stock” photo – I’m|
not in the habit of photographing my
I’ve been breastfeeding Amy for almost 9 months now and have tried out a few nursing bras in that time but I have to admit I’m looking forward to getting back into wire soon!
I was offered the opportunity to try out a Carriwell seamless nursing bra and was keen to give it a go.
The bra comes in S, M, L and XL – you need to check the sizing table to see where you’re usual size fits. As a 40F I fit nicely into the middle of the XL range so that’s what I ordered!
What I love:
* When the bra arrived I was really impressed by how soft the fabric felt and I knew it was going to be comfortable.
* At first I didn’t actually think the bra would fit as it seemed really small. With a fairly ample chest I’m used to the wide straps and back that are deemed necessary for a really supportive bra. I was surprised to see more “average” sized straps and back. It was a plesant surprise when I put the bra on that it not only fit but was really comfortable, especially across the back and under the bust where it can dig in. The cups were big enough (just) and there’s plenty of flexibility in the straps and back fastenings.
* The bra adapted well to be the changing size of my breasts during the course of the day.
What I’m not so keen on
* I found the bra lacked the lift and support I am used to (and need) – I think this is mainly due to the narrower straps and back band – usually this sort of thing would be much wider in a larger sized bra.
* Whilst I love a full drop cup the side support in this bra is a little unusual – I think it’s further forward than in other bras I have. Either way it was too tight so left a bit of a strange bulge in the line of my breast in clothes – not massively attractive it has to be said. Especially when the whole point of a seamless bra is to create a smooth line!!
So for me this is a great sleep bra, it’s super comfy but just doesn’t make my boobs look all that great!
*Disclaimer – I was sent this bra free of charge for the purposes of review however all thoughts and opinions are my own*