3. Get all my hair cut off
Saturday morning saw me setting off to Leeds for a LONG over due hair cut! The last time my hair was anything resembling short was about 5 years ago when I was expecting Ben. I never intended for it to grow so long, it just sort of got left due to lack of time, money, inspiration and so on. As our wedding approached I decided it was better for it to be longer to give me more choice of style and then planned to get it all cut off afterwards. Almost two years later and it was still ridiculously long and still growing. All I did was dry it, straighten it and tie it back. BORING. I am also struggling with pretty bad postnatal hair loss at the moment so was excited about the prospect of being able to disguise this a bit.
So . . . for my birthday Mum and Dad treated me to a restyle and here’s the results:
|A LOT of hair (and this isn’t even the longest it had got – my sister cut a good few inches off last Autumn)|
|Considerably less hair!|
Hair Donation: And the best bit is that as well as a completely new look (which is going to take a lot less washing and drying hurrah) I’ve been able to donate my 11.5 inch ponytail to Little Princess Trust – The Little Princess Trust provides real-hair wigs to boys and girls across the UK and Ireland that have sadly lost their own hair through cancer treatment.
Unsurprisingly Ben and Chloe weren’t too keen on my new look to start with. They were both a bit taken aback when I walked through the door, Ben told me I looked like one of my friends and he didn’t like it. I think its understandable that they’d be a bit unsettled by Mummy suddenly looking so different. In fairness it’s going to take me a bit of getting used to as well! Usually when I get my hair cut short the rule is that I must be able to tie it back – this time I said nothing of the sort so there’ll be no scraping it back for a while!
Another tick off the list:
- Take Ben and Chloe to pop their Roller Derby cherry and watch Aunty Custard play her first bout 01.01.14
- Launch my fabulous new blog design – totally excited about this! 06.03.14
- Get all my hair cut off (this has been a LONG time coming – 2 year or so in fact!) 22.03.14
- Celebrate my birthday (another one? Already?)
- Celebrate Dave’s birthday too!
- The lovely Lyndsey’s Hen Do!
- Finally meet up with a lovely friend of mine in REAL LIFE!
- Celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary – it’s cotton right? Babysitters booked! Whoop
- Easter – When you’ve got an Aunty Nic who works in the chocolate business Easter is good!
- Mothers’ Day (looks pointedly at Dave)
- Make the house A LOT bigger!
- Get outside more! This has been a very “inside” Winter! We’ve made a start but this is season long effort!
- Wean Amy (Do I really have to do this?)
- Get some sort of focus on the whole “Wedding Weight” mission!
- Go to a farm and see some baby animals
- Attend my first blog conference!
- Take a trip to Whitby – time to introduce Daddy to Magpie fish and chips
- Make the most of being able to have fresh tulips in the house – Another one that’s been started but will be continued throughout the season!