The weather has well and truly turned. We started the week with gorgeous blue skies, washing on the line and a trip to the park. We’ve ended it with grey skies and splashing in puddles. I have a love / hate relationship with the autumn – I love the bright crisp days and the gorgeous colours but then when the rain comes and the leaves are bare I’m not such a fan! Despite my dislike of miserable wet days, we try not to let them stop us getting out and about. Apart from anything else the rain doesn’t stop just because it’s school run time does it?
Ben and Chloe both had fabulous Muddy Puddles dungarees when they were younger which were great for sticking on over whatever they were wearing however they have long since outgrown those and we’ve not got round to replacing them. Ben has recently been sent a pair of Muddy Puddles Puddlefleece trousers which he was looking forward to testing out – the silver lining to the miserable weather this weekend was that he was able to give them their first wear whilst walking Thomas in the park this afternoon!
What we love about them:
* They can be worn tucked into or over the top of wellies
* They’re fully waterproof – perfect for sitting on wet benches, falling in the mud or splashing in muddles
* The fleece lining is soft and cosy allowing them to be worn as proper trousers (or over the top of normal trousers for extra warmth)
* They’re machine washable (as you’d expect from something designed to get dirty!)
* They’re not sweaty
* They don’t feel like plasticy waterproof trousers, the fabric is soft to touch
* They’re lightweight so can be worn all day if need be
What we’re not so keen on:
* They’re a bit rustly when walking but Ben didn’t seem to notice
* The reflective logo on the waistline is in a bit of an odd place in my opinion as it would only be seen if you wore your coat tucked into your trousers (and who does that?!)
On the way home from our walk I asked Ben if there was anything he didn’t like about his trousers but he couldn’t think of anything. He said they were ace! I think he’s going to get plenty of wear out of them as the weather gets wetter and colder (they’re going to be perfect for sledging!)
*Disclaimer – We were sent the Muddy Puddles Puddlefleece Trousers free of charge for the purposes of review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own*