I’ve used baby sleeping bags with all three children from around a few months old to the point where they start being able to escape them!
One of the things that frustrates me with lots of sleeping bags is that they have poppers on the shoulders which means that when your little one stands up it pulls on the sleeping bag and they can un-pop the shoulders – having experienced this a few times now I actively avoid buying sleeping bags with poppers on the shoulders.
When I was offered the opportunity to review a sleeping bag from Slumbersac I decided to try out a heavier weight sleeping bag with sleeves. We’ve never had a 3.5 tog sleeping bag and with it having been really cold, I was starting to wonder if perhaps the reason Amy wasn’t sleeping so well was that she was waking up feeling cold. Of course once the Slumbersac arrived the weather improved slightly and the temperature picked up a few degrees meaning we haven’t had as much chance to try it out as I would have liked however with it being sized from 12 months to 3 years I know we’ll have plenty of chance to use it over the coming winters!
She looks so cosy in it – like a minty Michelin Man!
|Could she looks any more snuggly?|
|Cute little cuffs which stop her hands disappearing inside (perfect for thumb suckers)|
|All ready for bed and super cosy|
What we love about it:
* It isn’t pink! As Slumbersac say themselves this pale green Mint Owl Slumbersac is a great alternative to blue or pink – and you all know how keen this Mummy is to avoid pink with her girls!
* I love the way it folds up at the bottom so she isn’t left with masses of sleeping bag to get twisted up in – though she is at the smaller end of this one at the moment so can still get a bit tangled.
* The cuffed sleeves are fabulous – they stop her arms being drawn up into it and avoid any drafts
* The single zip fastening means there’s no shoulder poppers for escaping out of (on the larger size at any rate)
* The zip fastens at the bottom which not only minimizes the opportunity to escape but also avoids a zip irritating your little one’s chin
* The owl motif is gorgeous!
* The pure cotton jersey is so soft I want to sleep in it myself
What we’re not so keen on:
* Nope, nothing. (Well except that I can’t have one in Mummy size!)
*Disclaimer – We were sent the Slumbersac free of charge for the purposes of review however all thoughts and opinions remain my own*