As soon as I saw the promotional video for Story Box I was excited. Both as a teacher and a parent I could see that this simple box was packed full of potential for developing story telling skills, inspiring creative and imaginative thinking and the use of story language.
The basic premise of the product is that the 20 double sided puzzle pieces are interchangeable allowing for you to create your own 8-foot long fairytale! The pieces are sturdy and well made allowing for them to be used over and over again as you create your own stories.
At first I gave the Story Box to Ben to explore by himself, asking him to put the pieces together and come up with a story to go along with it. You can see how he got on in this video:
I then realised that we could take it in turns, (a little like that game you played as a kid where you folded the paper over so the next person could write a sentence?) which makes for great fun!
What we love about them:
* The potential for developing story telling skills is huge
* The pieces are all stored neatly in a tidy box
* The pieces are double sided allowing for maximum freedom to create your own tale
* The illustrations feature familiar elements from known fairy tales as well as some more unusual scenes
* The jigsaw pieces are high quality and allow for being use and reused over and over again.
What we’re not so keen on:
* Nothing, the kids love them and I think they’d be great in the classroom too.
If you’d like to win one of two copies of Story Box to try for yourself, please complete as many of the Rafflecopter options as you fancy. (Take care to complete them accurately to avoid disqualification.)
*Disclaimer – We were sent the Story Box free of charge for the purposes of review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own*