As we’re just hitting the end of June I figured it was high time that I wrote a Summer Bucket List update – I’ve been doing stuff, I’ve just not had much chance to write about it so here goes . . .
5. Lots of picnics
We made a start on this one yesterday – not a very summery picnic all things considered however it was a start and we’ve got plenty of time for more!
6. Jurassic 5 gig
A week last Thursday Dave and I had a rare evening out together (and Grandad performed his first lone babysitting gig!) We’ve seen Jurassic 5 together quite a few times now – my first time being at Leeds Festival around 10 years ago and Dave’s being the following year took a road trip to London (A 10 hour round trip if I remember rightly!) We booked the tickets for last week’s gig right at the start of the year with a bit of Christmas money and has been looking forward to it ever since! Despite a few hiccups – namely my back hurting so much we had to leave a bit early and also some friends who were meant to be coming have a last minute change of plan, we had a really good evening. Jurassic 5 are incredible live and they never fail to impress with their slick performance.
7. Make the house bigger!
This needs a whole post of it’s own – and I will do it soon I promise! Progress is being made though!
8. Dave’s big bike ride
Last weekend my Dad, my little sister and my Dave took part in the Great Yorkshire Bike Ride for the second time – cycling their merry little was from Wetherby to Filey over the course of a very hilly 72 miles. Mum and I enjoyed a 4 mile walk on the seafront in the glorious sunshine and enjoyed an ice cream . . . I know which option I prefer!! Aside from a bit of a collision resulting in far too much of my Dad skidding across the floor and some very tired legs after a week of extension building, they did really well and are all full of talks of even better bikes and longer challenges next year.
9. Get my back sorted
I’ve had problems on and off with my back for years now – often finding that sitting or standing for too long would cause lower back pain. I have finally made a start on getting it sorted out but I’m going to write about that in a separate post (I’ll link it in later)
So one month down, here’s how the list is looking:
- Amy’s christening
- Celebrate Chloe’s 3rd birthday
- Get involved in some water play
- Celebrate Ben’s 5th birthday
- Lots of picnics! We’ve made a start!
- Jurassic 5 gig 19.06.14
- Make the house bigger!
- Dave’s big bike ride 21.06.14
- Get my back sorted 20.06.14 – First appointment of many!
- The lovely Cesca’s Hen Do
- Take a trip to the theatre
- Teach Ben to ride his bike without stablisers
- Prepare for going back to work in September 18.06.14
- Find a sun cream which suits Ben’s skin but doesn’t ruin his clothes!
- Keep focussed on that “Wedding Weight” target (this is continued from the Spring Bucket List)
- Take a trip to Whitby & introduce Daddy to Magpie fish and chips as we didn’t manage it in the Spring