I was looking down my Autumn Bucket List the other day and realised we’d ticked some of the things off but I’d not necessarily written about them so as it’s the end of October I thought it would be a good time to have a quick catch up. . .
5. Collect conkers – this was a massive fail last year so we need to try again!
We’ve pretty much missed the boat on this one unfortunately. We just never really saw any and of course the opportunity is now long past. I actually think that collecting conkers is now more of an end of summer job as they seemed to be around in late August! Anyway another fail.
6. Move into the extension & host an extension warming party!
I’m not sure this one is going to happen in the Autumn! Things are moving on quite quickly at the moment but I’m not sure we’ll be at party standard by the end of November!
8. Start Chloe’s swimming lessons
She’s still on the waiting list! She watches Ben swim every week and is so keen to get in there herself. I would love to take her for a swim myself but I don’t have a swimming costume at the moment! Must get that sorted.
9. Start dance lessons for Ben
I’m still trying to find a local break dancing class suitable for Ben – I have found a lovely teacher who does Street Dance but he’s desperate to do learn to break dance so for now I’ll keep searching (if you’ve got any suggestions let me know!)
10. Depending on the state of our garden I’d like to plant some bulbs for Spring!
Depending on the state of our garden. What a joke. It’s a complete mud bath / builder’s yard. I don’t think there’ll be much planting of anything at the moment!
12. Splash in puddles – obviously!
We’ve managed quite a bit of this – usually on the way home from school! I think there will be plenty more to come over the next month though
13. Enjoy getting wrapped up in jumpers and hats
Having had the most ridiculously mild Autumn ever thus far there hasn’t been a lot getting wrapped up at all – though Chloe does love her new woolly hat!
17. Stop breastfeeding
I actually stopped feeding Amy over a month ago now and wrote about this here: Time ladies and gentlemen please
18. Get back to work two days a week
For most of last half term I’ve been working a day a week on a regular booking. Unfortunately the second day hasn’t really happened so far, I’m hoping that things will pick up after half term as it’s making funds pretty tight! I’ve been enjoying getting back into school and doing some teaching again though my work mornings are pretty crazy getting everyone up and out on time!
Our Autumn Bucket List so far:
Watch Chloe start Nursery03.09.14 See Ben settle into his Year 1 class & new childcare arrangements23.10.14
- Enjoy some Mummy & Amy time
Family Day at York races (we missed it last year for the first time since Ben was born)07.09.14
- Collect conkers – this was a massive fail last year so we need to try again! – We failed!
- Move into the extension & host an extension warming party!
Attend Harvest Festival at school03.10.14
- Start Chloe’s swimming lessons
- Start dance lessons for Ben
- Depending on the state of our garden I’d like to plant some bulbs for Spring!
Kick leaves – a standard Autumn activity of course!27.10.14
- Splash in puddles – obviously!
- Enjoy getting wrapped up in jumpers and hats
- Celebrate bonfire night
- Make soup
- Blow dragon breath
- Get back to work two days a week
- Autumn crafts
- Celebrate Amy’s 1st birthday (did I really just write that?)
- Keep going on that long hard “Wedding Weight” slog