As you know we are currently working as Gore-Tex Family Ambassadors which means we’re testing out new shoes each season and putting them through the paces on our adventures! (You can read about our first Summer Gore-Tex Adventure)
Today the girls wore their Gore-Tex shoes for a Big Day Out to the zoo. Unfortunately Ben’s shoes are already too small so he wasn’t able to wear his. We have spent the best part of 6 hours at the zoo today, walking around and exploring.
Although there’s obviously no guarantees at this time of year we did quite well with the weather, the rain held off and it wasn’t too cold. The girls’ shoes were ideal for the weather conditions, they weren’t going to get wet feet if it rained but equally the Gore-Tex Surround technology meant I knew they wouldn’t get sweaty feet either!
The fit and fastenings of the shoes means that the shoes are sturdy and supportive, they’re not going to fall off or rub.
What we love about them:
* The Velcro / zip fastenings make it considerably easier for the kids to be independent in putting on and taking off their own shoes
* These shoes are specifically designed to keep feet cool making them the idea Spring / Summer adventure shoe! No sweaty feet here!
* They’re lightweight and comfortable
* The shoes are supportive and “sensible” – as you would expect.
* There’s no rubbing – from first wear the kids were comfortable and happy to explore all day
* They’re flexible – perfect for all that climbing or walking over uneven ground
What we’re not so keen on:
* They’re pink and sparkly – whilst this doesn’t impact on their effectiveness whatsoever it really doesn’t make them aesthetically pleasing in my book! (Of course I know this is just personal taste!)
* The suede effect finish will look tired quickly – though I must admit it’s wearing better than I had expected! Whilst I know these are a Spring / Summer shoe and should therefore not get quite so dirty as an Autumn / Winter pair I would still prefer a more wipe clean material for this sort of shoe.
Overall I’m really impressed with our Gore-Tex shoes and can’t wait to try out the new Autumn / Winter range over the coming coming months.