|First tastes – mashed banana|
|HiPP Peaces and Baby Rice|
On Saturday we decided to try something a bit different and went for a fromage frais – she ate quite a bit and really seemed to enjoy it. A couple of hours after her lunch though she was really very sick. Not just a bit of baby sick but properly vomiting (much like she had Easter weekend when I’d taken her to hospital). Her body was clearly trying to get rid of something as she continued to be sick until her poor little tummy was empty. I am now wondering if she has some sort of problem with dairy as last time she was so sick was after she’d had a few oz of Aptamil. I am very conscious of making sure that next time I give her fromage frais that its on a day where I know we’re not going anywhere in case it does make her poorly. It has made me wary of giving her new things and doesn’t feel like it sits very well with the relaxed approach I wrote about for What The Redhead Said. I am of course hoping that it was just a coincidence and that actually she will be absolutely fine!
Since she was poorly on Saturday she has had HiPP Apples and Baby Rice which lasted two lunch times and then Ella’s Kitchen ‘pears, pears, pears’ which has also lasted two lunches. Ben helped me to feed her on Sunday which was very cute (I did try to take pictures but it was a bit tricky to get them both in the frame while she was sat on my knee!)
Today I’ve bought her some Organix rice cakes to have a chomp on – these were firm favourites with Ben and Chloe so I’m hoping Amy will like them too!
So one week in and we’re on one meal a day which so far has mainly consisted of pre packaged pouches. Not ideal but it’s a start. I’m going to add some sweet potatoes to the shopping list and see what she thinks about warmer foods I think!
PS here’s the updated Spring Bucket List . . .
- Take Ben and Chloe to pop their Roller Derby cherry and watch Aunty Custard play her first bout 01.01.14
- Launch my fabulous new blog design – totally excited about this! 06.03.14
- Get all my hair cut off (this has been a LONG time coming – 2 year or so in fact!) 22.03.14
- Celebrate my birthday (another one? Already?) 24.03.14
- Celebrate Dave’s birthday too! 17.04.14
- The lovely Lyndsey’s Hen Do! 27.03.14 and 28.03.14
- Finally meet up with a lovely friend of mine in REAL LIFE!
- Celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary – it’s cotton right? Babysitters booked! Whoop 05.04.14
- Easter – When you’ve got an Aunty Nic who works in the chocolate business Easter is good! 18.04.14
- Mothers’ Day (looks pointedly at Dave) 29.03.14
- Make the house A LOT bigger!
- Get outside more! This has been a very “inside” Winter! We’ve made a start but this is season long effort!
- Wean Amy (Do I really have to do this?) 07.05.14
- Get some sort of focus on the whole “Wedding Weight” mission!
- Go to a farm and see some baby animals 08.04.14
- Attend my first blog conference! 04.05.2014
- Take a trip to Whitby – time to introduce Daddy to Magpie fish and chips
- Make the most of being able to have fresh tulips in the house – Another one that’s been started but will be continued throughout the season!