Although the weather in France wasn’t spectacular last week with lots of cloudy days we still managed three good beach days and gave our new Konfidence Sun Protection clothing a good testing.
Whilst all three of my children are pretty good at having their sun cream put on regularly I wanted to take the extra precautions of UV suits from Konfidence for our beach days when I knew the chance of shade would be lessened.
Chloe wore a Sun Protection T Shirt (£14.50) and Shorts (£8) and Amy a Sun Protection Suit (£17.50) – both girls were more than happy to put on their special clothes and were clearly comfortable in them. Amy also had a matching Sun Protection Hat (£8) which I’m afraid she completely refused to wear – this is no reflection on the Konfidence hat whatsoever, she’s just a monkey when it comes to keeping things on her head!
What we love about them:
* The 3/4 legs and sleeves mean there’s considerably less skin exposed to the sun so its a lot quicker to get the sun cream on before they run off to play!
* With 50+UPF or 98% protection against the sun’s harmful UV rays you really can’t be better protected
* The Konfidence logos on the suits and hat turn pink to show when UV rays are present giving you an instant reminder that the suits are doing their job
* The t shirt & shorts are really easy to take on and off despite the high neckline so Chloe was pretty much able to sort herself out
* The suits have a zip on the back which means Amy couldn’t mess with it
* Hurrah for poppers on the legs of the suit allowing for easy nappy changing (this features is on age 6-12 months and 1-2 years)
* The sizes are about bob on – Chloe is tall for her age but the 4-5 still has plenty of room in it and Amy was more than comfortable in her age 1-2 suit with room for growth (not that she will need it in the Winter of course!)
* The Konfidence sun protection clothing is all made from super soft, high quality lycra and it shows – there’s no colour fade or stretching in sight
* These outfits would be just as happy at home in the garden as they are on the beach – making sure you can get the most wear out of them and increasing their value for money
* The t shirt and shorts are currently featured in a multi buy offer saving you money if you buy them both at the same time
* The hat has a generously sized peak to offer increased protection and shading for the eyes and face
* The hat also offers additional protection for the neck which is so often missed
* The effectiveness was proven by Chloe’s little brown legs – despite her SPF50 suncream she still caught the sun on her arms and legs where they weren’t covered by her suit.
What we’re not so keen on:
* Being a pink avoider I’d have liked a more unisex choice of colours but you all know how much I love navy so I guess I can cope with just a smidge of pink this time!
In addition to trying out the sun protection range Amy also had a Konfidence AquaNappy to wear under her Sun Protection Suit – with no additional layers or inserts required the AquaNappy is super easy to just pop in your bag ready for a day at the beach. Using it’s adjustable Velcro and poppers it fit Amy perfectly and will last her at least another year. What I would say though is that whilst it will “contain” any poo it isn’t going to keep in the wee, especially if it’s already wet from swimming – I learned this the hard way whilst Amy was sat on my knee . . . Winner.
Although Konfidence sun protection wear is available up to age 6-7 there wasn’t anything in stock for Ben before we went away leaving his ginger skin exposed to the sun. With lots of suncream and regular t shirt wearing he was fine however I’d definitely make sure we invested in Konfidence sun protection wear for him before we went away again!
*Disclaimer – We were sent the Konfidence sun protection clothing free of charge for the purposes of review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own*