There’s no such thing as bad weather – just bad clothing.
Now I’m no fan of the rain but I know that the right gear can make a big difference to how much the weather affects your day out. Being cold or wet is never going to set you up well for your adventures. With that in mind I was thrilled to be offered the chance to review Kozi Kids rainwear for the kids. Kozi Kids is a British children’s outdoor clothing company with a strong Scandinavian heritage committed to promoting outdoor play and spending time outdoors. Sized from 2 to 8 years they cover the needs of my family beautifully. I was really tempted to order matching coats for all three of them, not least because it would make them easy to spot when we were out (I often find myself doing a teacher style head count!) but in the end the designs made the decisions for me. I don’t dress my girls in pink and also actively avoid black. Chloe immediately chose the red owl coat which I also loved and we decided Amy should have the same. I decided that perhaps the owls weren’t really grown up enough for Ben and he agreed that he preferred the navy with blue sleeves.
Of course since the jackets arrived the weather has improved no end so I don’t have any pictures of them playing in the rain for you! (I’ll try and add some more in later!) This hasn’t stopped us getting lots of wear out of them, particularly on the beach in Filey at the start of this month where they did a great job of protecting them all from the wind!
The girls have had so many compliments on their beautiful matching owl jackets and it’s not hard to see why – they look so cute!
What we love about them:
* They’re lightweight which means they fold up easily to be shoved in the bottom of the pushchair ready for when we need them
* The fabric doesn’t let the wind through
* The peak on the hood gives added protection from the rain
* The sizing is good (though do pay attention to the size guides on the website as I bought Ben’s a bit too big!)
* The poppers are easy to do up
* The reflective details
* The elasticated cuffs
* The hood pops on and off
* 100% waterproof (though we’ve yet to properly test this out yet!)
* You can buy matching dungarees / trousers for all of them (definitely doing this in September!)
* Machine washable – which I think should be standard for all kids’ wear!
* At just short of £40 they’re not the cheapest jacket you could buy but certainly within a range I would find acceptable for their quality!
What we’re not so keen on:
* Ben noticed as soon as he put his coat on that it didn’t have any pockets – for a little boy prone to collecting stones, twigs and general bits of stuff this was a big disappointment for him
* Both Ben and Chloe have had issues with their zips
If you’re looking for lightweight, comfortable waterproof clothing for your little ones then I definitely recommend you check out Kozi Kids!
*Disclaimer – We were sent the jackets free of charge for the purposes of review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own*