Once or twice now Ben has asked me to teach him to tell the time. Aunty Nic bought him a green watch for his birthday which he was very excited about but as yet it remains safely in his drawer ready for when he can actually tell the time! (Of course the downside of teaching him to tell the time will be that I can’t pretend it’s bedtime when it’s not! Not that I do that you understand . . . )
Children are first introduced to telling the time at school in Year 1 – essentially just o’clock and then moving on to half past. With this in mind I’ve had my eyes peeled for a clock we could work with at home to give him a bit of a head start while he’s keen.
The Orchard Toys Penguin Clock Face fits the bill perfectly.
|Orchard Toys – Penguin Clock Face|
What we love about it:
* The magnetic strip allows it to be attached to the fridge which means it’s always there for a quick two minute practice whilst making a brew!
* Its clearly labelled with hours and minutes
* O’clock, half past and quarters are written on to show they are said differently
* We do love penguins in our house so that’s an added bonus!
* At less than £5 it’s great value!
What we’re not so keen on:
* Nothing! It’s fabulous!
Since I introduced the Penguin Clock Face to Ben yesterday he has already learned o’clock, half past, quarter past and quarter to!
*Disclaimer – We were sent this Penguin Clock Face free of charge for the purposes of review however all thoughts and opinions are my own*