You might have seen my Super Simple Pumpkin Plate activity earlier today – this second activity is decidedly more fiddly so better suited to older children with good scissors skills and a bit of patience etc.
You will need:
Craft foam or felt in Halloween colours (we’ve used black, white, orange)
Glue / tape
How to make it:
1. Draw out Halloween themed images on the craft foam / felt (we used stencils for this)
2. Carefully cut out the pictures
3. Fasten each of the cut outs to a pipe cleaner (I used Bostik Glu Dots for this but tape would work equally well)
4. Fasten each pipe cleaner to the underneath of the plate (make sure they are still wrong side up) (Again I used Bostik Glu Dots but then taped over them for added security)
5. Add ribbon for hanging
6. Turn the plate over and arrange any of the pipe cleaners as necessary – they should bend naturally under the weight of the foam / felt images
7. Display your spooky Halloween mobile – if you hang it in the right place it will cast some great shadows!
*Disclaimer – Our box of crafting goodies was provided to us free of charge by Bostik as part of the Tots100/Bostik Craft Bloggers Club*