Last weekend was a busy weekend – and a weekend of contrasts for this Mummy!
6. The lovely Lyndsey’s Hen Do
This weekend saw the much planned for and long awaited Hen Do of my little sister’s best friend of many years. It was especially lucky for me that the Hen Do was taking place in Manchester which meant I could dip in and out over the course of the weekend enabling me to pop home and feed Amy, relieve Dave from childcare duties etc. I was quite nervous about the fact that Amy still hadn’t taken a bottle AT ALL but we figured that if I fed her just before I went out she probably wouldn’t need feeding again and if things got desperate I could just come home as I was only 20 minutes away.
On Friday we went for afternoon tea at Cloud 23 – rather than Dave taking an afternoon off work I took Amy with me. She lived up to the occasion and was on her best behaviour – she was happy to be passed around the other Hens, smiled at everyone and just sat so beautifully that nobody would really have noticed she was there. I was very proud of her!
Saturday afternoon we went for a Charleston dance class! It was flipping hilarious! So much fun but totally exhausting. It has to be said that I really didn’t need to be looking at myself from all angles in a full length mirror for 90 minutes though and dancing in a nursing bra was never going to be a good look! After the class we went for lunch and I got a text from my Dad to say that Amy had taken a bottle happily from Dave! Huge sighs of relief all round. Mum and I went home after lunch to empty my very full boobs into a baby girl who was very pleased to see her Mummy. Once we’d put Amy to bed we got dressed up (a dress, a wired bra, lipstick and a proper handbag) and made our way back into town to the casino for a gambling lesson! (I’m not sure you really need much teaching to play roulette or black jack but it was a lot of fun!)
10. Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day started with a much needed lie in, lots of cuddles, some beautiful cards from my little people & a homemade cake.
Then Ben and I squeezed in a bit of Spring Craft in the afternoon while Chloe was asleep.
Luckily the clock change didn’t seem to bother the kids too much but I was absolutely shattered and though Amy had given a few days respite with some better nights Sunday night saw the return of the 2 hourly feeds.
What did you get up to at the weekend? I hope you had a lovely Mother’s Day?
And so the list goes on . . .
- Take Ben and Chloe to pop their Roller Derby cherry and watch Aunty Custard play her first bout 01.01.14
- Launch my fabulous new blog design – totally excited about this! 06.03.14
- Get all my hair cut off (this has been a LONG time coming – 2 year or so in fact!) 22.03.14
- Celebrate my birthday (another one? Already?) 24.03.14
- Celebrate Dave’s birthday too!
- The lovely Lyndsey’s Hen Do! 27.03.14 and 28.03.14
- Finally meet up with a lovely friend of mine in REAL LIFE!
- Celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary – it’s cotton right? Babysitters booked! Whoop
- Easter – When you’ve got an Aunty Nic who works in the chocolate business Easter is good!
- Mothers’ Day (looks pointedly at Dave) 29.03.14
- Make the house A LOT bigger!
- Get outside more! This has been a very “inside” Winter! We’ve made a start but this is season long effort!
- Wean Amy (Do I really have to do this?)
- Get some sort of focus on the whole “Wedding Weight” mission!
- Go to a farm and see some baby animals
- Attend my first blog conference!
- Take a trip to Whitby – time to introduce Daddy to Magpie fish and chips
- Make the most of being able to have fresh tulips in the house – Another one that’s been started but will be continued throughout the season!