Mother’s Day is sneaking up very quickly and after Ben telling Daddy this evening that he thinks I would really like a train set for my birthday next week I’m thinking perhaps he needs a little more training on the sort of things a Mummy might like . . .
1. Red Brick Glass – I discovered Wendy on Facebook quite some time ago now and regularly swoon at the beautiful items she posts on her page. Eventually I’d love to treat myself to some of her lovely work. Currently coveting these gorgeous glittery “Stardust” fairy lights – £40
2. Merci Maman – I adore personalised items and am lucky enough to already have a beautiful engraved necklace from Merci Maman however I think this sterling silver key chain is just gorgeous! (Prices start at £45)
3. Mama Mio Skincare – Any Mummy loves a bit of pampering – especially a sleep deprived one who would like to address some of her post baby body issues & start to feel more like her normal self.
I first discovered Mama Mio
after having Ben (if only I’d discovered the Tummy Butter before!) and fell in love. I’ve used so many of their products over the last few years and they’ve all been wonderful (you don’t even have to be pregnant or a new Mummy to enjoy them!)
4. Flowers – You can’t go wrong with flowers (unless of course the person you are buying for suffers dreadful hay-fever I guess . . . )
Now this is an area in which Ben is well trained – he knows that Mummy’s favourite flowers are called ‘tulips’ and he can even point them out in the supermarket!
5. Afternoon Tea – Always a winner in my book, who would turn down cakes!
6. A cleaner –
When I asked on Twitter what people thought they’d like for Mother’s Day @NotAnotherMum
replied “A cleaner” – and she’s right! Just a one off blitz would do – it wouldn’t even have to be a regular thing (although let’s face it I’m hardly going to turn that one down if was offered!!)
7. Stress free time with my family – ok so I’ve gone through a dead materialistic list of lovely things that Ben should know his Mummy likes and I could easily add more – but really, as I told him tonight, all I really want from him is a cuddle and a smile (and for him to not behave like a stroppy 14yr old like he did this afternoon!)